10.18.2010

Orange Crush.

It's no surprise that the color orange makes a comeback every year around this time. It's a color synonymous with leaves changing colors, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. What excites me the most, however, is the recent glorification of orange beauty products!



MAC Cream Color Base in Virgin Isle and MAC Cremeblend Blush in Optimistic Orange

Virgin Isle was happily purchased by me yesterday after receiving a MAC gift card I had won in Ariel's giveaway :) It's a bright, orange-coral that can be used on cheeks and lips, although I much prefer it used on the cheeks.

Optimistic Orange is one of MAC's limited edition Cremeblend Blushes, and it's a true, vibrant orange. It is less tacky and much more blendable than MAC Blushcremes from what I've gathered from only having swatched the Blushcremes in-store. Once blended out, it becomes much more wearable than you would think, creating more of a pinky orange flush on my complexion.

(Please ignore the goosebumps...It's been really cold lately for California standards!)
(Blushes blended out)
L to R:
MUFE HD Microfinish Blush in 12 First Kiss
MAC CCB in Virgin Isle
MAC Cremeblend Blush in Optimistic Orange

Here I've swatched both MAC blushes next to a sample I have of an orange MUFE blush. (The MUFE blush is not shown in photos because I only have it in a sample container.) When blended out, MUFE First Kiss is an orange with slightly brown undertones, MAC Virgin Isle is a bright orange-coral, and MAC Optimistic Orange is an orange with pinky undertones.


MAC Lipglass in Silly Girl and MAC Lipstick in Vegas Volt

Silly Girl is a sheer orange with silver shimmer. Very wearable for those who may be too afraid to really go all out and smear orange makeup on their faces :)

Vegas Volt is a bright orangey coral. I wish I had Illamasqua Perilous lipstick because it would've been perfect for this post! However, as luck may have it, the lovely Nicola has swatched it on her blog today so do go take a look. All I can say is, great minds think alike ;)

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Polish in Sunrise, Sunset

Sunrise, Sunset is a gorgeous bright orange with yellow and green duochrome that is beautiful in real life but unfortunately, difficult to capture in photos.

L to R:
MUFE HD Microfinish Blush in 12 First Kiss
MAC CCB in Virgin Isle
MAC Cremeblend Blush in Optimistic Orange
MAC Lipstick in Vegas Volt
MAC Lipglass in Silly Girl

What is your take on orange beauty products?


26 comments:

  1. Love love love orange! I am a huge fan of Vegas Volt and definitely want to get my hands on Vigin Isle...is it a pro only product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @FunnyFaceBeauty: I don't think so since I see it on the regular MAC site but I did actually buy it at a MAC pro store just because I was in the area :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that I can carry on wearing the corals I've gotten so attached to lately - it's just as right for this time of year as it is for summer. Vegas Volt is my top lipstick even though I don't get many chances to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE virgin isle, looks amazing on the lips mixed with Myth lippie! (:
    My fave orange/coral product at the moment is Mac's ripe peach. Such a lovely colour.
    P.S that MUFE HD blush looks amazing swatched! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the colors! Specially the MAC blushes!

    http://lifeadventuresandthoughts.blogspot.com

    Pao

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Small Town Gal: I have to admit, while I love Vegas Volt as well, I really haven't worn it much either :/

    @LaurenStephanie: I don't have Myth but I will have to try mixing Virgin Isle with a nude lipstick sometime...sounds lovely! And Ripe Peach will always be the one that got away :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. if those cremeblend blushes ever come out again, I am totally getting them, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been really infatuated with orange recently too! i love your nail polish

    <3 angie
    pandaphilia.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I've been loving orange-y and coral lips.

    And I agree about the CA weather. Geez it's been so cold.. I've been wearing lots of layers. It was like 95 all week last week and the Sunday was freezing and rainy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the colors! The orange nail polish and lipstick is really pretty!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Vegas Volt. Gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so many orangey makeup...love it. Orange is one of my fave colors. It does reminds me of leaves and thanksgiving..:) I dont hear so much about mac virgin isle ccb, its so pretty!! & vegas volt lippie too! Need those in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a huge fan of orange but you made me become one!!!Those blushes look so gorgeous!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Vegas Volt. Gorgeous color.hey I love orange..it suits me...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Justine: I would definitely get more if MAC re-released them :)

    @Donna Baby: Me too!

    @Angie: Thanks, Angie! I usually reserve it for summertime but now that orange is making a comeback, so is my nail polish :) lol

    @kali: I know! I actually like this weather because it makes it feel more like Fall :) I just hope it doesn't all of a sudden become 90 degrees again!

    @Charming Vanity: Thanks so much!

    @Ansa: Me too :) I should really wear it more often.

    @Miss Nikka: It was actually one of my least favorite colors not that long ago, but now I'm loving it!

    @Blushingloves: Yay, my post has converted you :)

    @Rakhshanda: Not everyone can pull it off but I'm sure it looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post hun, i always think orange coloured things look a bit scary in the pan but usually love them once applied. Having said that i dont own much orange at all. I love the look of the MUFE blush xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. love orange for the fall!
    vegas volt is a great lipstick. I swapped mine away though, didn't look as great on my as it did on everyone else

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love orange lipsticks, unfortunately it doesn't suit me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oo i love orangey/peachy shades!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for all this orange loving! I think what's brilliant is that everyone can find an orange shade to suit them! Vegas Volt looks gorgeous, I also really want morange - I swatched it instore and it's so bright and beautiful! There's also an illamsaqua lipgloss called kindle that I've got my eye on that would go perfectly with Perilous - and thank you very much for the shout out, definitely great minds ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a coincidence because my friend and I were legit obsessing about needing an orange blush the other day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. @nicoletta: I agree. I always find it looks scary in the pan but surprisingly natural when applied. That's the weird thing with orange makeup, I guess.

    @Nicola: You could definitely rock Morange! You always looks so good with those bright lipsticks. And you're very welcome :)

    @SilhouetteScreams: You should definitely get one! It's different but still super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. As we are in the middle of spring atm, orange and coral are my favourites!!! <333333

    Virgin Isle looks really gooood!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...