10.25.2010

I ♥ Benefit Hoola

I had been lusting over Benefit Hoola for quite some time now and was super excited when I was able to pick up a brand new one from a blog sale for a bit cheaper than I would've paid at Sephora.



Hoola has been described by many a makeup fanatic as the perfect matte bronzer, and I would have to agree. The powder is soft and finely milled, and the color is so natural and flattering that it also doubles as the perfect contour shade.

Here I am without blush, bronzer, or contour:


Here I am after getting some help from Hoola (still blush-less though):


                                  Without Hoola                                 With Hoola
(Not sure why my camera decided to change the lighting :/ )

I know that the photos don't quite capture how dramatic the difference is but in real life, a quick sweep of Hoola as a contour followed by a simple dusting of it on the cheeks and forehead as a bronzer brings much needed life back into my face. 

Since Hoola is a matte bronzer, you don't need to worry about shimmer-overload when you use it all over your face like you do with some other bronzers. In case you're wondering, I've been applying it with my Sigma F50 brush (MAC 187 dupe), and as long as you simply concentrate on not using too much in order to avoid making your skin look muddy, I think that Hoola will be a flattering bronzer on most skin-tones.

What is your favorite matte bronzer?


21 comments:

  1. Mine is Hoola too. I don't ever touch Laguna cause I love hoola so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product! It gives such a lovely sun kissed look to the skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! the bronzer is so subtle but gives it that definition. i might try this product when i see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mines hoola also. on my 2nd box! thats saying something as i never finnish a product! (: x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wore hoola today too. it's just the perfect contour shade! and i love the fact that it's matte.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite matte bronzer would be Chanel's Tan de Soleil cream bronzer. I am in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a matte bronzer - and this looks like it will definitely be the one! I have the georgia peach box from benefit from a long time ago and I still haven't hit pan..can only imagine how long hoola will last!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoola so trumps Laguna. I love these boxes because it looks me literally over a year of near daily use to hit pan. I've moved away from bronzer now, but this is love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm just about to pick some up, that's ironic :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, I thought you had already contoured when I saw the first photo (obviously before reading the caption :P)! You have great cheekbones. *is jealous*

    I use the MAC Blush Ombre in Springshine as a bronzer, it works nicely on my skintone but may be a bit too light on darker skintones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm lusting over this product too! Can't wait to get my hands on it! ;p

    http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Hoola! It is definitely the best matte bronzer out there :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great, I love the Nars Heat Bronzer :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! I love Hoola, even though I've changed to Warmth since I started using Bare Minerals...but it's my favourite bronzer and contour! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a lot of you guys love Hoola too :D I'll have to try some of those other bronzers you guys have suggested. Thanks everyone!

    @Silhouette Screams: Thank you so much :) I remember my old roommate got Springshine as a bronzer and contour. It looks super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like Hoola, too - probably my favorite Benefit "box"! I have a question that might be annoying - have you ever tried filling your brows? I never used to fill mine, but now I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @dontcallmejessie: No, that's not an annoying question at all! I've tried several times before but I can never get them to look very natural. My eyebrow hairs are so thin that it looks obvious that I'm drawing on my skin and I just think it looks weird :( I want to learn how to do it properly, though, because I'd like for them to look darker.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...