9.17.2010

Dior Amber Diamond Shimmer Star

Amber Diamond has been slowly taking over the title of HG highlighter in the makeup world, one beauty blog at a time. It's a finely milled powder highlighter with ivory, champagne, tan, bronze, and peach sections (as described by Sephora) that can either be used individually or swirled together to create a universally flattering highlight shade.




It took me a while to hop on this bandwagon as the $44 price tag is a bit of a splurge for me. I like to make sure that if I will be spending this much money on any one product that it will be money well spent, and I truly believe that it will be with Amber Diamond.

I'm a big fan of using highlighters on your cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose as they add a bit more dimension and sparkle to your skin. Prior to getting Amber Diamond another favorite of mine had been MAC Soft & Gentle MSF. In comparison, Amber Diamond applies much smoother and more natural looking as the powder is much more finely milled than Soft & Gentle.

It's a bit difficult to tell in this photo since it's so bright, but there are 5 different colors that can be used individually or swirled together.

Applied on cheekbones...Glowy yet natural, no?

I'll admit that due to the price tag, Amber Diamond is a bit of an investment piece. However, if you are sick of wasting your hard earned cash on one crappy highlighter after another and are looking to find your one HG highlighter then look no further. 

I believe that the overall color achieved with Amber Diamond is a universally flattering highlight shade. On the fairest of skin tones it will appear more as a peachy golden highlight, while on darker skin tones it will simply appear as shimmery gorgeousness.

In case you couldn't tell, I ♥ Dior Amber Diamond.


13 comments:

  1. I need to get this. I love Soft and Gentle and have a million and one highlighters, but I have been lusting after this for a while. I wonder how it compares to NARS Albatros which INHO gives a really pretty "candlelight glow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post...very helpful. I have thought about getting this for awhile but I have so many highlighters already I wasn't sure if it would be worth the money. You have convinced me to try it out.
    Is it really smooth? I have Nars Albatross but find its a little too chunky and had too much gold in it.
    Thanks again
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this as well and it's so much better than MAC MSF highlighters.

    ReplyDelete

  4. argh I'm seeing this everywhere, temptation to splurge too big to resist :'(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love this stuff!
    It is expensive but by far the best highlighter out there.
    I dropped mine yesterday and i cringed as hit hit the floor, the sturdy packaging saved it though...thank god haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks absolutely amazing on you, definitely worth the money! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ansa: I've heard really great things about Albatross but unfortunately, I don't own it so I'm not sure :(

    @ FunnyFaceBeauty: I can't compare it to Albatross because I don't have it but Amber Diamond is very smooth and when applied and blended onto the skin, it does not appear chunky in the least bit :)

    @ LaurenStephanie: Thank goodness! I was holding my breath as I read your comment, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap, I thought it would be expensive, but $44?! Dayuuuuuuuum :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great on you. It definitely imparts a natural glow on the cheeks. Thanks for the awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ SilhouetteScreams: I know, right?! I really love it but I agree that it's really expensive :/

    @ Kristie: Thanks Kristie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome on you. I was also searching for such kind of shimmer from long time and at last got it. Certainly, I will go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I swatched it at the Dior counter today and I really liked it. Although it reminded me of a mixture between Benefit High Beam and Moon Beam, which I already own lol so I'll have to make do for now!

    www.beautymouthoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...