8.20.2010

♥ My Top 5: Blushes ♥

Hi everyone!
This is part 2 of My Top 5 series, and you can find part 1 here. Without further ado, here are my top 5 picks for blush...


Top row (L to R), then bottom row (L to R):
MAC MSF in Petticoat
Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Hussy
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Brownie
MAC Mineralize Blush in Daft Pink
MAC Mineralize Blush in Hang Loose


L to R: Petticoat, Daft Pink, Hussy, Hang Loose, Brownie

MAC MSF in Petticoat
I got Petticoat with the recent In the Groove collection and it's been love ever since. All MSF veining is unique so the exact shade will vary depending on your MSF. My Petticoat has a bit more of the deep raspberry veining than most of the others I've seen and because of this, the color is a bit darker. The color is somewhat hard to describe but I would say it's a frosty, golden pink-mauve that makes a gorgeous cheek color, especially when I'm tan.

MAC Mineralize Blush in Daft Pink
Daft Pink was CCO find for me, and I couldn't be happier. It has appeared in my last two favorites posts and my love for it still has not died down. It's a light to medium frosty pink and if I had been given the chance to name it, it would've been called Pink Frosting because that's what it reminds me of! It's love. For reference, Daft Pink is a shade darker and pinker than Hang Loose.

Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Hussy
Hussy is a bright pink with orange undertones and it has a matte finish. As with all Illamasqua products, pigmentation is never an issue and this product should be used with a light hand. One light tap of your brush and that is all you need! I like to use this just on the apples of my cheeks to give a natural flush.

MAC Mineralize Blush in Hang Loose
While many people have compared this blush to Well Dressed (and they are very similar...Did you read my post?), I much prefer Hang Loose because I love the shimmer. I swirl both sides with my brush and apply it to my cheeks, then I use the lavender side as a cheek highlight. The pale lavender makes for an unexpected but gorgeous highlight color, even with my warm skin tone.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Brownie
Brownie was one of several limited edition Shimmer Bricks released by Bobbi Brown, and I'm glad 17 year old me decided to shell out the dough for this 5 years ago. I remember thinking it was such a splurge and that I had to make sure I'd use it...and here we are, years later, and I still love it! I have nothing else in my collection quite like it, so it makes me sad to think about how life will be once I use it up :( (Whoa, that was dramatic!) Brownie is a shimmery (duh!), plummy brown that makes a gorgeous cheek color on medium, warm skin tones, and each strip can also double as eyeshadow! Who doesn't love double-duty products?!


What are your favorite blushes?


27 comments:

  1. Mine are NARS Lovejoy, Eversun bpb, So Ceylon MSF and Cheeky Bronze MSF. I love them equally and I have been using Lovejoy the most ever since I got my first NARS blush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brownie looks divine!:D A great buy.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I want them all So pretty !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love petticoat and hang loose. it's so pink and shimmery! hahaha. Great post. i love how you can really see the color of the blush!

    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried Happy Together from MAC's In the Groove line too? I really really like that blush.. It seems like it would fall right into the mix of your fav blushes too! [I also love By Candlelight for highlighting!]
    Great post!

    www.honorahs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daft Pink looks really pretty!!!
    My current favourite is Stereo Rose & Hang Loose :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BB Shimmer Brick is so beautiful too bad they are too expensive atleast for me maybe one day I will splurge and get one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love instant chic blush from mac. it makes a nice glow and has just the right pigmentation. not too strong not too fair. and i can wear it to mosty all of my looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant believe I dont own any of these blushes and Im a blush queen. They all look so pretty! My current fave is Tarte's Verve blush.

    xoxo,
    Miss Nikka
    http://nerdork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh Petticoat! Why didn't I get you?!? It looks so pretty! My favorite blushes are; NARS Deep Throat, MAC Stereo Rose (yes it was love at first application) MAC Dollymix, MAC Peachykeen, Illamasqua Lover, Benefit Coralista and I think that's it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have BB brownie and Mac's Hang loose and i agree both are super beautiful <3
    I used to own daft pink but thaught it was far too glittery on my fair skin, so i gave it away ):
    Love these type of posts, it would be great if you could do a top 5 Foundation post (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow they all look so pretty! I wana get the Illamasqua one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh you have such a lovely bunch of blushes!
    I am in love with hang loose, it is seriously the most pretty girly thing I have ever seen!
    Great post girly
    xx x

    ReplyDelete
  14. i rreeallly need to get those mac ones.
    they look amazing.<3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love MAC melba. If you don't have that, you should swatch it. It look amazing on your skintone. Great post btw. I am really lusting after Illamasqua's husky. So pigmented and pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I love the Illamasqua one. My fav blush at the moment is probably Coralista by Benefit. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice blog !!
    my fave one would have to be Orgasm by Nars and then sunbasque by mac...
    but your top 5 blush picks are gorgeous too!

    doseofsugarxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Liking the Petticoat, although im not a make up girl and just own 1 blusher! Bourjois Rose! Its easier that way. Daisy Dayz Home

    ReplyDelete
  19. My Favorite blush as of the moment is NARS 'ORGASM'... I'm kinda like a late bloomer when it comes to beauty best sellers so I guess I'm just into those popular finds right now.. this is a great post btw, now I'm lemming over MAC MSF! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. daft pink looks really nice. I LOVE my illamasqua blush!! nice picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Petticoat is gorgeous!!! :)

    My favourite blushes are Benefit's Benetint, Mac's Peachykeen and Mac's Pink Swoon. I'm not a huge blush girl though, I'm more of an eyeshadow and lipstick girl :)

    http://gemmaantonia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous blushes!!! love your picks here.. :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ FabDiva20: Ooo...great picks! I love Cheeky Bronze MSF too!

    @ Marie: It is! I still love it 5 years later so yeah, I definitely think it was a good buy! Lol

    @ Savannah: It's gorgeous, isn't it? What do you think about calling it Pink Frosting from now on? Haha, just kidding.

    @ Hollywood: Thanks girl!

    @ Carrie: They all have great pigmentation! It also probably has something to do with the fact that my Petticoat is considerably darker than most too :)

    @ Sharon: No, I haven't tried Happy Together but I wanted it so bad when the collection came out...still do actually! It looks so pretty and I agree it would fit in really nicely with my collection. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

    @ Adeline: Stereo Rose is gorgeous, no doubt!

    @ Andrea: Yeah, they are pretty pricey but it's lasted me a long time so I think it's worth the investment if you find a color you really like :)

    @ Mora: I love those products that just go with everything!

    @ Miss Nikka: Maybe I just picked some obscure favorites? Lol. Can you believe I don't have any Tarte blushes?! I think I'll need to try Verve soon :)

    @ Ebru: omg! You have to try to get your hands on one...maybe a swap or from a blog sale sometime? It's amazing! And your whole list of favorites is on my wishlist now. Thanks :)

    @ LaurenStephanie: I agree that Daft Pink is uber shimmery so I don't blame you for not liking it...I guess I like for my cheeks to look over the top?? Haha. And I will definitely try to do a foundation one. It might have to be 3 or something though. Not sure if I have 5 favorites when it comes to that :)

    @ GetGawjus: You should! It look scary in the pan but it's so natural looking when used with a light hand.

    @ Darling Heart: Thank you so much love!

    @ julianne: Don't they just? I love them all :)

    @ Ansa: Thanks for the recommendation girly! I'll give that one a try next time I'm at MAC!

    @ UrbanMermaid: I think I need Coralista now! It seems to be a favorite of many :)

    @ Dose of Sugar: I do love Orgasm as well :) So pretty!

    @ Chantele: lol, Yes, it probably IS easier that way :) Save your money! :D

    @ Lady Mitchelli: Orgasm is definitely a good one :) MAC releases some really nice MSFs but most of them are usually LE...you can still catch some of them at your local CCO!

    @ Nicole: Thank you! :)

    @ Gem: I swatched Pink Swoon last time I was in MAC and it was gorgeous! Just wish I had the money for everything on my wishlist :)

    @ libys11: Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The shimmerbrick definitely looks like it gets a lot of love! :D

    I do the exact same thing with Hang Loose, I love the lilac as a cheek highlight <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Bobbi Brown shimmerbricks are amaaaazing! My favourite is the rose shimmerbrick which I use pretty much every day. Love your blog by the way - it looks really pretty too!

    http://belledebeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ SilhouetteScreams: haha, yes it does! The packaging is all dusty and dirty with the product and I've hit pan on one of the strips (not sure why only one when I mostly use them all together?) but I still love using it! Isn't the lilac cheek highlight just gorgeous?

    @ Belle de Beauty: Thank you so much! That's so nice of you :) I haven't tried any other shimmerbricks but the rose one looks fab! I also want to try Nectar :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...