7.12.2010

♥ Pink Lippies ♥

Pale pink is my go-to color for my lips. It never lets me down and it goes with everything! Here are some of my favorite pink lipsticks...
(All are MAC)
♥Viva Glam Gaga♥
♥Lazy Day (LE)♥
♥Angel♥
♥Pretty Please♥

Viva Glam Gaga is a little too blue-based for my skin tone, but I'm so in love with the color that I force it to work on me :) Lazy Day and Angel are practically the same, with the main difference being their formulation. Lazy Day is a bit more blue-based and is a Lustre, while Angel works a bit better for warmer tones and is a Frost. Definitely dupe-worthy :) And Pretty Please is a pearly pink color that is best under a more pigmented gloss since it doesn't pack much color on its own.

Some swatches...
Top to bottom: Viva Glam Gaga, Lazy Day, Angel, Pretty Please

Close-ups...
Top: Viva Glam Gaga
Bottom: Lazy Day

Top: Lazy Day
Bottom: Angel

Top: Angel
Bottom: Pretty Please

Depending on the color of your lipstick and the color of your lipgloss, a gloss can either complement your lipstick or change the color drastically. In most cases, I prefer my gloss to complement my lipstick. Here are a few of my favorite glosses to pair with my pale pink lipsticks...
(Left to Right)
♥Bonne Bell Lip Lites in Strawberry Parfait♥
♥MAC Lipglass in Florabundance♥
♥MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink♥
♥NYX Round Lipgloss in Pink♥
♥NYX Round Lipgloss in Ballerina Pink♥

Bonne Bell Strawberry Parfait smells exactly as you would think (delish!) and the milky pink color is perfect over any pale pink lipstick. MAC Florabundance is a peachy-pink nude that tends to mute the color a bit, making it a little more peachy than pink. MAC Ample Pink may be a little dark for some, but the color is actually pretty close to my natural lip color. I especially love it layered over MAC Viva Glam VI SE (not pictured because it's not a pale pink lipstick) because the two are very complementary. When layered over a pale pink lipstick, it tends to add some mauve-y color to it. NYX Pink and Ballerina Pink work the same as MAC Ample Pink in adding a little more color to paler pink lipsticks, especially NYX Pink.

Swatches...
Top to bottom: Florabundance, Strawberry Parfait, Ample Pink, Pink, Ballerina Pink

Close-ups...
Top to bottom: Florabundance, Strawberry Parfait, Ample Pink

Top to bottom: Ample Pink, Pink, Ballerina Pink

My favorite combo at the moment would have to be MAC Angel with Bonne Bell Strawberry Parfait layered on top :)

What is your favorite pink lippy?


19 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Great blog, I really enjoyed it!

    Please come and have a look at my fashion blog too, if you like it, I hope will you follow ;-)

    Stay tuned for an AMAZING giveaway very soon.

    Hope to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! pretty lippies!! thanks so much for posting this, i never tried any of the bonnebell products but that lipgloss looks really goood! :D do you know of any dupes for the MAC lippies? Angel and VivaGlam Gaga look really gooood :) love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want all of these so ridiculously bad! <333333
    theyre the perfect colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!! so pretty! i love pale pink too
    http://sweetkissmessage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow~~ All the lovely pink colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love VG Gaga! I love it with just a simple neutral eye look and bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, so much pink lipstick on your collection :)
    I love angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised you don't have Creme Cup. Get itttt!!! It's my favvvv pinkie!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need Florabundance. I need to repurchase Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE pale pink lippies -I usually either opt for that or a nude lippie.

    I might sound like a total dork for saying this but you did change your layout right?? It looks different.. Well if you did, great job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ xAgnes: I love that Bonnebell lipgloss...you should definitely give it a shot! I can't really think of any dupes for Gaga or Angel but I don't doubt there are plenty out there. I'm thinking probably by NYX, Revlon, or Maybelline.

    @ Skinny Fat Stacy: I think I may need it now! xx

    @ kali: I did change it! Thanks for noticing! I had been wanting to do it for a while now and finally got around to it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're so lucky you can pull off pinks. i look like a clown with anything that bright on :( all these shades are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Viva Glam Gaga, that's my favorite pink lipstick right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Viva Glam Gaga and Revlon Pink Pout =P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a "pink lady" too. I have the MAC Pretty Please and Viva Glam Gaga, the Gaga is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. another pink l/s that (IMO) is very pretty is mac pink nouveau. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a sucker for pinks too.. my favorite pinks are Creme Cup, Viva Glam Gaga, and Way To Love! And i saw the Bonnebell lipgloss at Target.. need to pick that up next time(:
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...